The London Ontario Community Eruv
Status, as of Friday, 2010/05/14:
The eruv is up.
The boundaries of our eruv are currently:
- Fanshawe Pk. Rd. (Hwy 22) along the north
- Highbury Ave. along the east
- Oxford St. along the south, between Highbury and Talbot (a few blocks W of Richmond)
(new section shown in green)
- The railway tracks, then the W riverbank from the railway bridge (south) to the wire crossing the river
- Along a number of streets in the neighbourhood just south of Oxford (west of the river), then to the north side of Oxford
- Along Oxford to Wonderland
- this section is no longer active/in use due to a missing wire from the south end of the Wonderland run to the railway embankment:
- The railway tracks, then the W riverbank from the railway bridge (south) to Wharncliffe, then S along Wharncliffe to the railway overpass
- The railway embankment between Wharncliffe and Wonderland Rd.
- Wonderland Rd. along the west
Please note that recent changes have resulted in the removal of most of the territory south of Oxford and west of the river
Map of eruv
You can now find a map
of the London Community Eruv as well as other London Jewish points of interest, on the Jewish London web site. The map was compiled by Kivi Shapiro, funded by a grant from the London Jewish Federation.
(the map is currently unavailable, and does not reflect the recent changes in the eruv route noted above)
Click here to subscribe to our eruv notification list.